As you may (or may not) know, the wonderful folk over at Raw Ecstasy sent me some of their beautiful goodies for me to experiment with and review!
I used their Activated Pepitas Plain and Stone-ground Activated Almond Butter in this recipe. The almond butter is the smoothest almond butter that I have ever had (no joke). It is also the cleanest tasting and not in an overly ‘earthy’ way – trust me I have had my fair share of raw nut butters! The pumpkin seeds (pepitas) are also just divine and super crunchy! My full review of their product range will be up in the near future!
These chocolate butter pumpkin pie cups are just immense! They are indulgent but in a clean and euphoric way!
The maca milk chocolate adds a great twist and ‘pow’ to the cups whilst complimenting the slight bittern undertones of the pumpkin pie butter. I promise you that your kitchen will smell great and your waistline won’t expand whilst eating these beautiful little cups!
The pumpkin pie butter can also be used to spread over some Paleo bread or pancakes! Yummmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee!
Makes: 6 medium sized cups
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the maca milk chocolate:
1 tsp maca powder
For the pumpkin pie butter filling:
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
For the topping:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the maca milk chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
- Divide one half of the mixture between 6 cupcake cases. Place in the freezer to set. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Now prepare your pumpkin pie butter filling. Combine all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes together into a smooth paste.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and divide the pumpkin pie butter filling equally between the 6 cups.
- Return the remaining maca chocolate to the bain-marie and mix thoroughly.
- Evenly divide the remaining chocolate mixture between the 6 cups. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and return to the freezer until set.
- Once set remove from the cupcake cases and enjoy! That simple but very delicious!
bscartabello10th November 2014 at 1:13 pm
These look to. die. for.
greensofthestoneage10th November 2014 at 8:01 pm
Thanks 🙂 They were gobbled up pretty much straight away by everyone! I want some now!!!