Avocado Ice Cream is all the rage at the moment – I mean what’s not to love about avocados?! They’re creamy, a beautiful colour, and provide a good dose of heart healthy fats. But you know me – I always like to step up my game and make things as healthy as I possibly can – so naturally I upgraded this beauty with a shot of supergreens power!
Calling all avocado lovers: just one bite of this Supergreens Avocado Ice Cream and you’ll be coming back for more. Get your 5 a day in a tasty way!
I was lucky enough to be sent out a bag of Buy Whole Foods Online Organic Supergreens Powder – a blend of kale powder, wheat grass powder, barley grass powder, fairtrade parsley leaf powder, fairtrade zucchini (courgette) powder, spinach powder, broccoli powder, fairtrade dill powder, and peppermint powder.
Packed full of 20 different amino acids, beta carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, biotin, potassium, zinc, folate, and vitamins A, B6, B12, C, E, and K, it’s obvious why I threw in a big serving of these gorgeous greens. B vitamins are essential to the brain’s cognitive function, body’s energy production, and overall heart and mental health. Whilst potassium (one of the seven essential macrominerals) keeps your body functioning, helps to reduce your risk of stroke, high blood pressure, and also helps to protect the mineral density of your bones.
This supergreens powder will definitely help you to top up to your 5 a day (or if you’re like me 10 a day) quickly and conveniently, but most importantly in a super tasty way wherein you can reap some major health benefits. The powder gives the ice cream a subtle herby and minty taste that compliments the sweetness and creaminess of the avocados so well that you won’t be able to resist eating the whole batch (really).
You can pick up a back of this deliciousness from Buy Whole Foods Online – available in sizes ranging from 125g all the way up to 1kg, with prices starting from £5.41.
- Flesh of 2 large avocados
- 400ml coconut milk
- 160ml coconut cream
- ¼ cup Buy Whole Foods Online Organic Supergreens Powder
- ¼ cup - ⅓ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fine Himalayan pink salt (if coarse grind)
- Peel, destone, and scoop out the avocado flesh. Place into a food processor or high speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Process until smooth with the consistency of a thick smoothie.
- If you’re using an ice-cream maker, pour the mixture in and follow your manufacturer's instructions. If not, pour it into an appropriate dish or deep tray, cover with cling film, and place into the freezer. Be sure to give it a whisk/stir every 30 mins or so until it is frozen and smooth.
- Eat straight away or transfer into several airtight or covered containers (to create separate servings) and place back into the freezer until later. It's best to do this as the ice cream freezes incredibly solid and doesn't thaw like regular ice cream does!
krisboingg2nd September 2016 at 9:56 am
Stunning! I’m going to try this with matcha and hemp 🙂
greensofthestoneage28th October 2016 at 4:43 pm
Oh my god another comment I have missed! Super bad me! Ooooh hemp and matcha sounds heavenly <3