So I think that I might have almost died getting this Paleo Easter Recipe Round-up together but it was so worth it! There are almost 100 amazing Paleo and primal recipes in here from some of the most talented bloggers I know.
We’ve everything you need to have a full Easter Sunday feast – hot cross buns and green smoothie bowls, elegant tarts and seafood dishes, roasted racks of lamb, spring vegetables, amazingly creative chocolate creations, light and zesty desserts, and even a little section on Easter crafts.
You’ll definitely find something in here for everyone – whether it’s dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, vegan, or even AIP you’re looking for, there’s a treat in here for you!
Hey Easter has got to start with something special for breakfast – right? It’s hot cross buns galore in here, with some amazing banana bread, muffin, and pancake recipes, and a few savoury ideas too. I have to say though, the idea of a sweet frittata has me salivating.
- Primal Hot Cross Buns from Greens of the Stone Age – These bad boys are grain and gluten-free, and as fluffy as the real thing! Best served toasted and slathered with grass-fed butter. For the advanced Paleo baker.
- Paleo Banana Bread from Real Simple Good – This Paleo Banana Bread is dairy, gluten, grain, and refined sugar-free – more please!
- Hot Cross Bun Muffins from Dom’s Kitchen – Claire is a wizard in the kitchen and her little boy Dom always steals the show! If you’re looking for a simple and tasty Easter brekkie this is what you need!
- Super Simple Paleo Blueberry Muffins from Primal Eye – these are so easy to make and sure to please any hungry mouth.
- Coconut, Lemon, and Turmeric Chia Pudding from Greens of the Stone Age – A golden milk turned citrus chia pudding. Packed full of vibrant colours, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories.
- Paleo Waffles with Coco-nana Nut Fudge Ice-Cream from Primal Eye – If the picture doesn’t quite literally make you salivate all over your keyboard then there is clearly something wrong with you.
- Paleo Hot Cross Buns from The Primal Desire – OMG it’s like a hot cross bun porno in here! Candied citrus peel, diced fruit and nuts, and a nut-free dough!
- Horchata Tiger Nut Granola from Greens of the Stone Age – Yes you heard right a nut-free, grain-free granola that packs a nutritious punch. Drench in nut milk and enjoy a cup of horchata flavour at the end!
- AIP Vanilla Pancakes with Warm Blueberry Sauce from Primal Eye – Yes being Paleo let alone AIP at Easter is testing. These AIP pancakes are even more delicious than they look!
- Garlic Paleo Banana Bread from The Primal Desire – Sweet? Savoury? Delicious? How about all three? Dine in style with these little bundles of banana bread joy.
- Orange and Cayenne Chocolate Avocado Mousse from Greens of the Stone Age – A damn amazing chocolate treat fit for any king or queen’s breakfast. Packed full of spicy metabolism boosting cayenne, antioxidants, and heart healthy fats.
- Courgette, Bacon, and Sweet Potato Pancakes from Real Food With Dana – These bad boys are like a latkes/pancake explosion all stuffed with some good old-fashioned, naughty bacon.
- AIP Sweet Potato and Sausage ‘Pasta’ from Primal Eye – Who said pasta wasn’t for lunch? This one-pot brekkie consists of spiralized sweet potatoes, pork, and herbs, great for keeping you full all day.
- Apple and Cherry Frittata from The Whole Smiths – Who said frittatas had to be savoury? Turn that frown upside down and indulge in some deliciously sweet frittata for breakfast.
- Paleo Kale Caesar Salad from Primal Eye – Irena of Eat Drink Paleo pulls off an amazing one skillet dish. With bacon, kale, tomatoes, and eggs it’s a great energy boosting brekkie.
- Cinnamon, Ginger, and Raisin Paleo Pancakes from Eat Drink Paleo – Think hot cross buns but in a delicious, fluffy pancake form! Irena nails the perfect Paleo Easter breakfast!
- Cinnamon Crunch Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl from Get Inspired Everyday – If you’re looking for a super vibrant smoothie bowl then look no further than this green machine! Packed full of sour apples, coconut water, avocado, and spinach, all topped off with a grain-free cinnamon granola.
Lunch Lady Love
Oh wow, where do I start with this section? If only the lunch lady did feed our kids such delights! So many tangy, salty cheese and fruit pairings here for my primal friends, and some beautiful fish and seafood dishes too. I feel like this section is almost crossing the line into fine dining with some of the beautiful creations that are in here. Enjoy!
- Fig and Pear Tart from Merit + Fork – A beautiful fig and pear tart, with honeyed goat’s cheese and balsamic caramelised onions it’s the ultimate show stopping luncheon delight.
- Butter Top Dinner Rolls from Beauty and the Foodie – These Grain Free Butter Top Dinner Rolls are low carb, Paleo bread rolls, brushed with butter, and delicately baked. Sensational!
- Salmon Frittata from The Whole Smiths – A giant egg frittata stuffed with salmon and herbs. Can you think of anything better? I can’t!
- Roasted Beetroot Goat Cheese Salad from The Saffron Girl – A gorgeously vibrant salad with a refreshing balsamic reduction, wild rocket, beetroot, and crumbled goat’s cheese.
- Herb Crusted Cod from Primal Eye – Rebecca of Paleo Diet and Fitness knocks up a simple, zesty herb and almond crusted cod that’s light and refreshing on the palate.
- Twice Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Paleo Gone Sassy – Don’t worry you won’t find any pasta or cheese in this bad boy! A simple baked dish of spaghetti squash and a cashew cheese sauce.
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche from Delicious Obsessions – Jessica whips up a rather cheesy little gluten and grain-free endeavour. Suitable for those following a more Primal lifestyle.
- Paleo Pasta Alla Puttanesca from Greens of the Stone Age – A perfect low-carb courgetti dish with a delicious and somewhat tangy, salty, tomato and caper sauce. Also suitable for vegans.
- Candied Maple Pecan Yams from The Primal Desire – You could so use this as a side with you lunch or dinner. A fantastically sweet and decadent dish, packed with wholesome home-cooking flavour.
- Green Bean Casserole Paleo Style from Paleo Gone Sassy – A gorgeously simple parsnip and green bean casserole with caramelised onions – sit back and relax with the ultimate in comfort food.
- Creamy Red Potato Salad With Feta from Eat Your Beets – If Trisha’s amazingly sultry photography doesn’t lure you in then these creamy, herby red potatoes sure will!
- Pan-fried Chicory and Caramelised Red Onion from Primal Eye – Hanna of Beyond Fit shares her love of vegetables in this beautiful pan-fried chicory dish.
- Paleo Lemon Cardamom Broccoli and Kale with Toasted Almonds from Greens of the Stone Age – Another zesty spring dish of pan-fried broccoli and kale, seasoned with exotic cardamom, earthy almonds, and refreshing lemon.
- Pan-seared Scallops With Nectarines and Balsamic Honey-mustard Reduction from The Saffron Girl – This is Paleo fine dining at its absolute best. All topped off with some gorgeous broccoli rabe and golden garlic. Debra – you’re a legend!
- Paleo Pulled Pork Hock Burrito Bowl from Primal Eye – Jo Romero of Comfort Bites Blog comes up with this fab little zesty number. Everyone loves a good burrito bowl!
- Fennel and Potato Soup from The Saffron Girl – Another winner with beautiful anise notes, red onion, and dry white wine.
I mean it’s Easter right? You gotta have some sort of eggcellent recipes (okay no more egg puns) but seriously I had no idea you could make deviled eggs in so many different ways. For you fellow Brits out there you’ll find the classic Scotch Egg within this section as well as tea stained eggs if you’re feeling a more fusion vibe!
- Hollandaise Deviled Eggs from Real Food RN – These deviled eggs use lemon juice, grass-fed butter, and cayenne pepper with no mayo in sight! Genius for a little fatty ketogenic boost!
- 5 Ingredient Egg Salad from Merit + Fork – Another classic dish with only 5 simple ingredients; eggs, mayo, spring onions, Dijon mustard, and sea salt. Delicious!
- Bacon Deviled Eggs from Paleo Gone Sassy – Everyone loves eggs, and everyone loves bacon, so this is certainly a winner of a deviled egg recipe!
- Tea Eggs (Cha Dan) from Paleo Flourish Magazine – I am a huge fan of tea stained eggs, they are such beautiful little creations and Louise Hendon nails these with her black tea and Sezchuan pepper, cinnamon, and star anise flavourings.
- Paleo Deviled Eggs from A Girl Worth Saving – These classic deviled eggs take just 15 minutes to make and are the perfect appetiser.
- Mexican Baked Avocado Eggs from Get Inspired Everyday – Say whaaaaaaat?! Seriously – eggs, baked into an avocado, and then loaded with salsa? Oh sweet momma!
- Basil, Avocado, Bacon Deviled Eggs from The Primal Desire – Uh hello! Avocado, basil, and egg are a sure-fire hit for me. Tuck into some Green Eggs and Ham in true Easter style!
- Paleo Scotch Egg from Paleo Diet and Fitness – The Scotch egg is somewhat of a classic British snack, often served at parties. Rebecca gives this retro dish a much-needed revamp; using duck eggs, flax, pork mince, and dried Italian herbs.
- Beet Deviled Eggs from What Great Grandma Ate – These Beet Deviled Eggs are certainly my firm favourite out of the deviled egg department – what could be better than beetroot, eggs, mayo, mustard, and basil?!
- Upright Smoky Deviled Eggs from Honey, Ghee, & Me – I am in love with these upright deviled eggs – it makes them look so much more sophisticated! Black pepper, yellow mustard, smoked paprika, and chives make this dish ultra fabulous!
Although I don’t eat meat I know that for a lot of you spring is about embracing your inner carnivore. There are plenty of slow cooker and roast dishes here – lamb, beef, and ham – all with berry, citrus, and spring vegetables on the side. Oh and there’s one little spicy chocolate number thrown in for good measure too!
- Jalapeno-Pesto Minty Rack of Lamb from Cavegirl Cuisine – A beautiful rack of lamb saturated in a jalapeno pesto for the ultimate fiery kick!
- Slow Cooker Ham from Thriving on Paleo – a slow cooked ham roast with orange juice, honey, and rosemary. AIP compliant and perfect for an Easter feast!
- Grilled Cumin Crusted Lamb Chops from Paleo Flourish Magazine – Here in Britain we love our lamb, and Louise has given it some much-needed TLC with a cumin and paprika dry rub.
- Savory Lamb Sliders from Flabs to Fitness – Something a little different from all of the rack of lamb – these lamb sliders are seasoned with basil, garlic, oregano, and rosemary.
- Slow Roasted Shoulder of Lamb from Paleo Diet and Fitness – A simple roasted lamb dish with rosemary, red onions, and garlic. It doesn’t get anymore British than this!
- Lamb Souvlakia with Dairy Free Greek Salad from Paleo Diet and Fitness – A skewered lamb dish seasoned with garlic and oregano, served with a dairy-free Greek salad of tomatoes, olives, red onion, and parsley.
- Roasted Duck With Cherry Sauce from The Primal Desire – Another fantastic dish from The Primal Desire; a whole duck roasted in orange juice, rosemary, and olive oil served with a cherry and rosemary sauce.
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket With Tomatoes and Onions from Anya’s Eats – Crack out that slow cooker, grab the onions, tomatoes, and beef stock and get cooking!
- Steak and Chilli Chocolate Sauce With Grilled Tenderstem and Asparagus from Primal Eye – In true festive spirit Jenna of RawRhubarb whips up this corker of a recipe. Black pepper encrusted steak meets with a heat infused chilli chocolate sauce, for the ultimate party in your mouth!
- Chicken a l’Orange + Patatas a lo Pobre from The Saffron Girl – Chicken legs baked with coriander seeds, and cumin, drizzled with an orange and mixed vegetable puree, served upon a bed of herbed potatoes. Wowzers!
- Lamb Ragu with Butternut Squash Linguine from Paleo Diet and Fitness – a great way to re-hash your leftover Sunday roast into something extra special.
- Grass-fed Garlic Rosemary Roast Beef and Veggies from Delicious Obsessions – A perfect Sunday roast dinner – just in time for Easter.
- How to Cook a Smoked Ham from Everyday Maven – Alyssa shows us how to cook a smoked ham in style – with a spiced maple glaze!
- Roast Duck With Paleo Plum Turmeric Sauce from The Primal Desire – That’s right duck, plum, turmeric, YUM! Enjoy this fabulous dish – a great addition to Sunday roast dinner.
- Turkey Paleo Ramen from Primal Eye – Try something a little different this Easter; a delicious and nourishing egg topped soup that can be made with your turkey leftovers!
Because Easter is nothing without copious amounts of chocolate – or at least that’s the case in my house! Learn how to make your own Easter eggs, chocolate fudge, raw desserts, gooey cakes, and decadent tea infused wonders!
- Paleo Easter Eggs from My Sweet Kitchen – Some fab little Paleo, vegan Easter eggs with 3 different fillings; Reese’s, Coconut, and Nutella – and they are all dairy, gluten, grain, egg free.
- Paleo Creme Eggs from Greens of the Stone Age – these little chocolate eggs killed it last year – they are a deliciously healthy alternative to the real thing – allergen free and suitable for those following a vegan, raw, or Paleo diet.
- Raw Chocolate Double Decker Easter Eggs by Greens of the Stone Age for Vivo Life – Gorgeously chewy nougat made from white mulberries and coconut milk powder meets a chunky raw chocolate ‘cereal’ crispie half, all double dipped in even more chocolate! The crispies are raw activated buckwheat groats and the recipe is both vegan and Paleo.
- Almond Butter Cups from Flabs to Fitness – The classic Paleo chocolatey treat that everyone loves!
- Chocolate Fridge Cake from Paleo Diet and Fitness – Also known as ‘Tiffin’ this classic British dessert usually comprises of crushed biscuits and a lot of sugar and syrup. Rebecca has opted for the healthier raw honey, coconut flakes, and fresh raspberries.
- Paleo Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge from Pure and Simple Nourishment – O… M… G… this chocolate orange fudge is stuff of wondrous dreams! And it’s vegan and GAPS compliant too!
- Blueberry Tea Infused Pots de Creme Parfaits from Savory Lotus – I feel like I’m doing really well here to not lick my screen! A wicked chocolate base topped with a blueberry tea infused whipped coconut cream. Drool!
- Paleo Almond Joy from Rubies and Radishes – This is the most beautiful chocolate bar ever; almond, coconut, and dark chocolate – what more could anyone want?
- Chocolate Crispy Cakes from Paleo Diet and Fitness – A classic British childhood favourite – usually made with rice or corn cereals and a whole lotta sugar but Rebecca has opted for 3 simple ingredients; chococolate, coconut flakes, and raw honey.
- Paleo Carrot Cake Truffles from Living Healthy With Chocolate – Because Easter is about chocolate AND carrot cake, and Adriana totally gets that! Get the best of both worlds with these raw carrot cake truffle balls, dipped in dark chocolate. Mmm…
- Dairy-free Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies from Anya’s Eats – Holy moly! These are like two of my favourite desserts combined together – love it!
- Healthy Emergency Chocolate Fix for One in 15 Seconds from Living Healthy With Chocolate – That’s right someone call 999 (or 911 depending upon where you live right now) because I’m all outta chocolate! Oh wait someone just call Adriana instead ’cause she’s got all of the chocolate answers!
- Raspberry and Coconut Chocolate Bark from Paleo Diet and Fitness – A quick, simple, and tasty raw chocolate fix packed full of antioxidants and fruity flavours.
- Paleo Chocolate Lava Cake from Real Food With Dana – A gorgeous and decadent chocolate lava cake which is sure to impress anyone and everyone.
- Cacao Caramel Crunch Squares from Primal Eye – Another corker from Hanna of Beyond Fit, these crunchy trail mix based squares are topped with a salted caramel layer and a smothered in dark raw chocolate.
- Paleo Carrot Cake from Living Healthy With Chocolate – Another carrot cake and chocolate combo, this time with a low carb, baked carrot cake, generously drizzled with a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies from Get Inspired Everyday – A delicous Paleo cashew butter brownie base, topped with an avocado and coconut milk mousse, and fresh berries. Om nom nom…
- One Pan Nut Brownies from The Primal Desire – Moist dark chocolate almond butter brownies, studded with cacao nibs – I can’t think of anything more delicious!
- No-bake Paleo Almond Joy Cookies from Real Food With Dana – little cookie dough balls, packed full of chocolate chips, and rolled in shredded coconut.
- Easter No Bake Cookie Nests from Living Healthy With Chocolate – Cute little chocolate, almond butter, and coconut cookies topped with chocolate coconut nests.
- Chocolate / Carob Coconut Nests from Whole New Mum – Such a fab little idea; shredded coconut nests with an AIP replacement for chocolate.
Spring has sprung and it’s all about natural, zesty and vibrant foods – think plenty of citrus, berries, vanilla, and many variations of carrot cake!
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake from Beauty and the Foodie – A grain-free and low carb lemon berry cake with a lemon citrus glaze, you know spring has sprung!
- Paleo Carrot Cupcakes from Nummy For My Tummy – A classic Easter cake in miniature cupcake version – all topped with a gorgeous Paleo vanilla and cinnamon buttercream frosting.
- Paleo Vanilla Bean, Berry Cheesecake Bites from Colourful Eats – If I had a batch of these gorgeous cheesecake bites in my house I don’t think that they would last that long at all. I seriously can’t stop staring at the pictures – check it out!
- Raw Paleo Carrot Cake Squares from Greens of the Stone Age – A raw vegan, spiced carrot cake with a base of carrot, dried pineapple, medjool dates, and nuts, all topped with a cashew cream cheese frosting and cute little carrot spirals. Om nom nom…
- Coconut Milk Flan from The Saffron Girl – I don’t think that there is anything more comforting than a mouthful of silky smooth, egg custard flan. Debra nails it AGAIN!
- Naturally-Colored Dairy-Free Easter Fudge from Whole New Mom – Cute little blocks of nut/seed fudge depending upon your dietary preferences, and all naturally coloured!
- Grapefruit Sandwich Cookies with Blueberry Preserves from Grass Fed Salsa – Wowzers these little cookies are AIP, nut-free, vegan, and egg-free so everyone can enjoy them!
- Coconut Panna Cotta Citrus Cups from Whole New Mum – Panna cotta served in cute little citrus fruit cups. Sugar-free and vegan substitutions provided.
- Creamy Strawberry Macaroon Tart from Everyday Maven – A gorgeous primal dessert that consists of a shredded coconut macaroon base, a goat cheese and cream cheese strawberry filling, topped with sliced fresh strawberries – divine!
- Paleo French Madeleines from Rubies and Radishes – A grain-free and gluten-free adaptation of a classic French, light and buttery vanilla sponge cake, baked in scallop-shaped Madeleine moulds.
- Homemade Sugar Free Marshmallows from Whole New Mom – Fluffy marshmallows, rolled in toasted coconut, made with Paleo-friendly sweeteners. The perfect Easter treat.
- Lemon and Blueberry Gluten-free Galette from Eat Your Beets – An amazingly zesty egg, grain, and nut free galette, filled with mouth-watering blueberries and a hint of lemon. The perfect spring treat!
- No-Bake Coconut Lime Tart from Get Inspired Everyday – A gorgeous raw desserts with a macadamia, coconut, and lime crust, all filled with a creamy lime and avocado mousse. Absolutely mouth-watering!
- Paleo Spiced Carrot Cake from Simple Roots Wellness – A moist, layered carrot cake with a goat cheese and butter frosting that will put any grain filled cake to shame.
- Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bars from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy – These little lemon bars are made from an almond and coconut flour base, sweetened only by date paste, and jewelled with plentiful amounts of juicy blueberries.
- Raw Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Cashew Cream from Primal Eye – A moist and fragrant, raw version of a classic carrot cake, topped with a spiced raw cashew cream. Splendid!
Just a wee little section for you all here to encourage to get at least a little bit crafty this Easter. If you’ve got kids you’ll love these fun little artsy projects which also teach a bit of science and food tech along the way!
- Silk-Dyed Easter Eggs from Merit + Fork – So easy to make and so unbelievably beautiful! A great crafty project to do with the kids – especially girls they love fancy patterns.
- Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs from A Girl Worth Saving – If you’re looking for a quick, fun, and easy Easter project for the kiddies then this is it! Learn how to dye eggs using anything from turmeric root to purple cabbage or beet eggs! Fabulous!
- Homemade Natural Blue Food Coloring from Whole New Mom – That’s right learn how to make your own blue food colouring from red cabbage (that’s right red!) and use it in frosting or anything crafty!
Raj @ www.ThePrimalDesire.com19th March 2016 at 5:44 pm
Loved the list (and thanks for including us).
My favorite line on the page: “OMG it’s like a hot cross bun porno in here!”
greensofthestoneage23rd March 2016 at 2:16 pm
Haha! I did wonder if it was a little too much but then I just went with it 😉 Thank you ever so much for your wonderful recipes.
Louise Hendon (@AncestralChef)21st March 2016 at 1:50 pm
Thanks so much for curating this great list!
greensofthestoneage23rd March 2016 at 2:15 pm
Hi Louise, not a problem! Thank you for your lovely recipes 🙂