Did you really think you could escape a Halloween post from moi?! Think again my pretties… I’m bringing you the most beautiful recipe for a Toffee Apple Bubble Tea ‘Love Potion’ made with Myprotein Flavdrops™. I can’t guarantee that this drink will make the love of your life drop to your knees, but it’s certainly a nice quick and easy bevvy recipe that will wow your dinner guests – even if they’re just your kiddos.
Disclaimer: Please note that this is a sponsored post. I was sent free products and compensated in return for an amazingly delicious recipe. Any payment I receive I use to purchase more ingredients and equipment to keep this blog up and running, and most importantly to keep creating quality content for you all. I am not an affiliate of Myprotein and any purchases you make via them I will not be compensated for. I am not influenced by the company in any way and all opinions, ramblings, and thoughts are my own and 100% honest. If you’d like to know more, feel free to contact me.
It’s essentially just apple juice that has been infused with ginger tea then whizzed up with a little beetroot powder, edible gold lustre dust, and of course Myprotein Flavdrops™ in Toffee and Vanilla. Obviously, it must be served up with a healthy portion of black sugar boba pearls for extra spooky measure. It is perfect hot or cold and of course, you could throw in a little naughty rum or whisky.
I was sent out quite a few flavours of Flavdrops™ including; Chocolate, Strawberry, Toffee, Vanilla, and White Chocolate. Apparently, there are over 15 flavours – I did spot an Apple one which you could swap with the Vanilla in this recipe. Of course, it’s not just hot drinks you can add these joyous drops to, but also raw cheesecakes, porridge, green juices and smoothies, and baked goods.
This Toffee Apple Bubble Tea ‘Love Potion’ is a super shimmery, mystical Halloween bevvy that will leave your guests wowed. Made with Myprotein Flavdrops™ for extra flavour. Perfect served hot or cold.
For those of you that don’t know, the Myprotein Flavdrops™ are calorie, sugar, carb, and fat-free little drops of wonder. They sweeten whatever you add them to and you won’t need more than 7 to 10 drops per serving. If like me, you’re trying to stay healthy this Halloween and not go all out on the sugar then they’re perfect for you.
I really enjoyed all 5 of the flavours I was sent out by Myprotein but the Strawberry was actually my favourite, which I wasn’t expecting at all, and all of them were delicious in hot chocolates. I didn’t feel like I needed to use even 7 drops half the time as my diet is refined sugar-free anyway. You’ll all be pleased to know that a vast majority of the flavours are actually vegan – for the vegan specific ones head on over to Myvegan.
If you can’t get hold of boba pearls don’t worry the drink is still delicious and so fun – especially with the lustre dust. You could definitely make it your own by using different coloured lustre dust and gel food colourings. Again if apple juice isn’t your thing just have fun with another flavoured juice! It’s pretty easy to pick lustre dust up from Amazon Prime and any cake shop. Places like Hobbycraft are also likely to stock it too.
Anyway enough of my garbling on – check out the full recipe below and make sure you have the best Halloween ever!
Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Click here for more. Oh, and if you want to keep up to date with my deliciousness then sign up for my newsletter and I’ll love you forever – who am I kidding? I already do!
- 150g quick cook black sugar boba
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1L cold-pressed cloudy apple juice
- 4 ginger tea bags
- 20-25 drops Myprotein Flavdrops™ in Toffee
- 10 drops Myprotein Flavdrops™ in Apple or Vanilla
- 1 tsp edible gold lustre dust
- ½ tsp beetroot powder
- Start by dropping your boba into a large pan of boiling water. Give a little stir then once the pearls begin to float cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the boba with a slotted spoon and place it into a large bowl of ice-cold water for 1 minute. Drain then stir in the maple syrup and set to one side.
- Next place the apple juice and ginger tea bags into a medium-sized pan. Bring to a simmer on a low heat. Simmer for 3 minutes then remove from the heat and leave to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing the tea bags down with the back of a spoon in order to strain out all of the liquid. Discard the tea bags/pulp.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients until fully combined.
- If serving hot, spoon 2 to 3 generous tablespoons of boba into 4 to 6 glasses then divide the juice between them equally.