I am a humongous coconut macaroon fan, so much so that I have had to come up with an easy raw version that isn’t sugar laden and doesn’t require a dehydrator! Not as simple as it sounds… These didn’t turn out as gloriously chewy as I had hoped they would but they were such a hit with everyone in the family that I just had to share the recipe with you all – I mean it’s not everyday that you get to snack on a delicious treat that is gluten free, Vegan, isn’t a hinderance to your weight loss goals and it won’t leave you feeling sluggish from a sugar high!
These Raw Paleo Coconut Maca Maca Roons will take no time to make and it’s a great one to make with the kiddies too!
Please note that I have included maple syrup as a Vegan sweetener option this is because I believe the health benefits are far greater than raw agave, and it doesn’t bode too well with those that I know, so if you wish to sub for raw agave then only use half of the stated amount within the recipe!
So enough of my waffling here is the recipe for some gorgeous guilt-free Paleo macaroons!
- Melt the cacao butter over a bain-marie on a low heat.
- Place all of your other ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Give it a few pulses to mix everything up.
- Remove the cacao butter from the heat and pour into the food processor. Pulse a few times before processing until everything comes together. You may want to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly to ensure that everything mixes thoroughly. Leave to one side for 5 minutes to cool.
- Line a tray with some greaseproof paper. Using a tablespoon measure scoop out the mixture and press down firmly until the tablespoon is level and the mixture is packed in tightly. Turn your tablespoon upside down and pat it gently onto the lined tray until the round macaroon drops out. If you are finding that it is crumbling you are not packing it tightly enough!
- Repeat the process until all of your mixture has gone. Place the tray into the freezer or fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove the macaroons from the freezer. If you are wanting to decorate your macaroons melt your raw dark chocolate over a bain-marie (or microwave) and using a spoon drizzle the chocolate in zig zags over the top of them. Be as creative as you like and unleash your inner Picasso! Place back into the freezer for 5 minutes in order to set the chocolate, remove and eat!