So I am a huge fan of really fudgy walnut filled brownies but I am also a huge fan of raw desserts. This recipe is a match made in heaven. This is your go-to on a rainy day, or maybe when you are PMS raging the house down… or maybe you just feel like you need a cuddle… or maybe you just feel a little naughty?! Who cares, these raw brownies will solve any of life’s little problems!
All you need for this is a bunch of ingredients and a decent food processor – it was meant to be, c’mon!
I know medjool dates can be a little pricey but do not sub for regular dates, the result will not be a nice fudgy brownie but rather a more crumbly one! You may however replace the cacao for cocoa but as you all know you will lose out nutritionally!
These raw brownies can be stored frozen for up to 6 weeks but I seriously doubt that any of you will have the will power to do so, so just store these bad boys in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them nice and firm. Don’t worry though these can be served at room temperature however I found these were most enjoyable when left out of the fridge for 10 minutes before serving!
These Paleo Raw Chocolate & Walnut Fudge Brownies will most definitely have you salivating for more! So go forth my fellow chocolate fiends and feast!
Makes: 6-8 medium squares
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Setting Time: 1 hour
1 cup pitted medjool dates packed
1 cup pecans (preferably activated)
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp raw almond butter
1 tbsp coconut cream
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/2 cup walnuts (preferably activated)
- Combine all of your ingredients except for the walnuts into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times before processing until the mixture forms a smooth ball. Be sure to scrape down the sides frequently using a spatula to ensure that the ingredients mix process thoroughly.
- Pulse in your 1/2 cup of walnuts until you get a nice mix of walnut chunks.
- Grease and line a a suitable sized dish with greaseproof paper (I used a 19cm x 14cm 0.8L capacity Pyrex dish) be sure to leave enough excess so that you can lift the brownies out.
- Drop in your brownie mixture and be sure to press down firmly until evenly distributed.
- Place into the freezer for 1 hour until set.
- Remove from the freezer and use a knife or spatula to ease out the sides before tipping out the brownies. Cut the brownies into your desired size and then EAT!