If you’re British then you will probably envisage the bright red and yellow iconic wrapper of the Caramac right away, not to mention it’s creamy burnt caramel like taste… and then you will of course remember the bucket load of sugar that went into it all, and sick you felt afterward. Well now you can relive the memories (or create new ones) with my Paleo Raw ‘Caramac’ Bites except without the sickness! These little bite sized pieces of joy are flavoured by lucuma, vanilla and maca and are set in a base of pure raw cacao butter. This is every Paleo, raw food, Vegan & gluten-free diet follower’s dream all rolled into tiny bite size buttons.
I made these using Naturya Lucuma Powder & Maca Powder.
Yields: 15 bites
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (plus 1-2 hours setting time)
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Start by placing your cacao butter in a medium sized heatproof bowl, over a small pan of boiling water to make a bain-marie. Keep on a low heat and stir frequently until fully melted.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients until you have a smooth mixture. Remove the bowl from the heat and place aside for 5 minutes to cool a little.
- Once cooled give the mixture a good whisk again – I find using an Aerolatte type whisk works the best! Transfer the mix into your silicone pouring jug.
- Pour your chocolate into each of the indentations within the moulds and place into the freezer for 1-2 hours until fully set.
- Remove from the freezer and carefully pull away the edges of each indentation and then gently push the chocolate upward at the same time. Repeat until all chocolates have been removed and either eat straight away or store in an airtight container in the fridge. These are best enjoyed when they have been left at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
If you’d like to follow Naturya online then check out the links below: