Ok so if you’re looking for a juice that will give a whole host of beauty benefits then you are in the right place my friends! This juice will not only boost your circulatory, digestive, immune, muscle and sexual health but it will moisturise, plump and smooth your skin from within, fight and reverse the signs of ageing, provide UV protection from the sun (but don’t skip the sunscreen!), and will also fight any nasty blemishes that you may have. This drink could also boost your metabolism and get you burning fat!
Yup this juice is the ultimate beauty juice, it’s super spicy, and it will sex you up in more ways than one! Just check out the benefits of the ingredients below:
- Pineapple – Pineapple juice helps to keep the skin firm and blemish free. It contains high levels of vitamin C, A and the enzyme bromelain.
- Watermelon – Ok so watermelon, as you have probably guessed, is pretty much all water but don’t let that fact fool you into thinking that there isn’t much else to this gorgeously refreshing fruit. Watermelon flesh contains vitamins A, B6, and C, potassium, not to mention high levels of lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids. The vitamin A will encourage collagen and elastin production within your skin, whilst lycopene, the phytonutrient that gives foods that beautiful red pigment, helps to block out UV rays from the sun and smooth out your skin better than any skin cream could ever do! But watermelon doesn’t stop there! Juicing the rinds opens up a whole whirlwind of health benefits; the rind contains a little something called citrulline – known for its libido boosting properties. Citrulline converts into the amino acid arginine in the body and is responsible for heart and immune health. It’s not only libido that will benefit but muscle soreness too so drink this juice after a workout and the day after you won’t be suffering so much! Take that protein shakes!
- Lime – Limes are full of great stuff like calcium (YES! CALCIUM!), vitamins A and C. The high level of antioxidants within limes are the perfect anti-ageing treatment for your skin. Don’t leave out the peels though as they are actually higher in vitamin C and contain Hesperidin, a flavonoid that can help to improve bone health among many other things.
- Root Ginger – Again ginger contains a lot of anti-oxidants so is great for fighting the ageing process. It is also high in vitamins B-6 and C, as well as being high in magnesium. This makes it a great stress reliever and immune booster. If you’re having problems with digestion and/or nausea reach for the ginger root immediately! I swore by root ginger my entire pregnancy.
- Red Chillies – Red chillies are high in vitamin A, C and lycopene so again its benefits are very similar to that of watermelon. Red chillies contain capsaicin which can help to boost your metabolism and thus aid in weight loss and fat burning within the body.
So if you made your way through the list of benefits then I should imagine you will be keen to just juice away! You will obviously need a juicer, if not you may be able to wangle using a Nutribullet type blender and blending it into a smoothie and straining the juice through a sieve.
Yields: Roughly 1 litre
Prep Time: 5 mins
1 medium pineapple (peeled and cut into quarters, lenghtways)
1/8 medium to large watermelon (rind included)
1 lime (peel included)
3″ piece root ginger
1-3 red chillies ( 1 chilli = mild, 2 chillies = moderate, 3 chillies = HOT!)
- Fire up your juicer and leave it running for a few seconds before bunging in your fruit piece by piece and gently juicing. The key is to never force your fruit and veg down the feed pipe super fast! Be gentle!
- Juice, juice, juice and stir up your scrummy juice before serving (preferably chilled). I like to keep my fruit in the fridge before juicing as it always tastes nicer when chilled. Maybe that’s just my weird thing who knows? Either way drink up and enjoy!!!