So I decided to invent this Primal Protein Porridge, but with a slight catch – it’s nut free and made with fruit!
Packed full of protein, calcium, flavonoids, antioxidants and minerals it’s the perfect pick me up for when you’re feeling ill, tired, suffering from sore muscles or just in need of a big ooey gooey warm stodgy hug!
Tahini contains 20% complete protein, which is a higher protein source than most nuts, making this perfect for a post workout snack.
Serves: 1 person
Cooking time: Roughly 5 minutes
For the porridge:
2 tbsp tahini
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp raw hemp/pea protein
1 square 90% dark chocolate (10g) or 2 squares 99% will do, failing that 1 tbsp raw cacao powder or 10g grated cacao – you may find you want to sweeten this to your taste but hopefully not!
A handful of your favourite berries
A handful of grain free granola or some chopped nuts and seeds
- Roughly chop by hand or pulse in a food processor all of the ingredients except for the protein powder and tahini.
- Stir in the tahini and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or heat on the hob on a low heat until slightly bubbling. Ensure that you stir from time to time.
- Add in the protein powder, stirring thoroughly.
- Mash down the fruit until you have a porridge like consistency and heat for a further minute.
- Add the suggested toppings or something else you’d like; cacao nibs and chia seeds are great too!