I made this soup today for my lunch as my other half hates mushrooms. It’s rare that I’ll get any mushrooms in and when I do my daughters usually steal them all!
This soup is like a sophisticated cream of mushroom soup. It’s creamy but it’s got a nice sweetness too it accompanied by a fab herby after taste. I’ve kept the recipe simple with minimal chopping and it’s designed to be fast enough to make but without forgoing the taste! It really is gorgeous!
Why not serve it up with some of my delicious Paleo Granary Bread?!
Serves: 2 people (or 1 greedy person like myself!)
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
25g raw salted grass-fed butter (or 2 tbsp coconut oil)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 red onion
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2-1 tsp finely ground black pepper
1 sprig of rosemary, thyme, & sage
100g wild mushrooms (I used Chanterelle)
1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
1 tbsp raw honey (or 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar)
- Start by finely chopping your garlic and red onion.
- Heat your butter in a heavy based medium pan on a low heat until melted.
- Once the butter begins to bubble add in your garlic and onion. Move around the pan coating everything evenly in the butter.
- Add your rosemary and thyme. Run your fingers in the opposite direction to the growth of the leaves and they should fall off quite easily.
- Tear your sage leaves roughly and add in. Stir everything thoroughly and heat until the onions have softened.
- Add your salt and pepper. 1/2 tsp of black pepper will give you a mild kick and 1 tsp will bring a nice heat to it.
- Now add your mushrooms and fry lightly for 1 minute. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Add your tin of coconut milk. Raise the heat to low-medium and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling lower to a simmer, add your raw honey and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, serve up and drizzle with your favourite oil. Truffle oil works best but you can also use extra virgin olive, macadamia or avocado oil!
A Paleo Round Up: 50+ Paleo Soups | Oh Snap! Let's Eat!27th February 2015 at 3:33 am
[…] 10 Minute Creamy Wild Mushroom and Herb Soup […]