That’s right this rocket fuel of a pudding will give you all that you need to push through that ever so gruelling workout. Eat it 30 minutes to an hour before and perform like an Aztec warrior… Ok maybe it’s not that good, but it is pretty darn good!
- Chia seeds are full of antioxidants, omega-3’s, protein and various minerals and vitamins.
- Chia seeds were also used by the Aztecs, Incans and Mayans to boost their energy levels and increase stamina!
- Maca powder can help improve skin complaints, is full of vitamins and can also boost your energy.
- Coconut oil is full of lauric acid and medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s), your body uses MCT’s to produce direct energy which helps to increase your performance.
- Caffeine can help to reduce muscle pain and increases the production of the hormone adrenaline. An increase in adrenaline increases energy production, improving the blood flow toward the muscles and the heart.
Chuck in the banana and almond butter and you’re pretty much sorted!!! So go forth my fellow warriors and battle on!!!
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation Time: 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
1 tbsp milled chia seeds
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Handful of berries
- Place your chia seeds, maca powder, coconut oil and almond butter into a bowl and stir thoroughly into a paste.
- Add your banana and begin to mash it into the chia seed paste until smooth.
- Add your freshly brewed coffee gradually being sure to stir the whole time.
- Add in your cinnamon and salt and stir.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes until the mixture ‘gels’.
- Serve immediately, adding your favourite berries or chill in the fridge until cold.