Serves: 1 person
Cooking time: Roughly 5-10 minutes
25g raw salted grass fed butter (halved)
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 spring onion roughly chopped
2 mushrooms quartered
2 small tomatoes chopped
1 tbsp frozen mint or finely chopped fresh
2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves (spinach, rocket and watercress work best)
1 handful of red grapes halved
Juice 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1/4 tsp flaked sea salt or a generous pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp olive oil (helps to emulsify)
This dip should keep for quite a few days when stored in an airtight container the fridge!
Prepare your avocado dip by blending all of the ingredients until smooth. This may require you to scrape the sides down often.
- Heat 1/2 of the butter in a small pan on a medium until gently bubbling.
- Reduce to a low heat and add the nigella seeds and cayenne pepper, stirring frequently until the spices let off an aroma.
- Add the mushrooms, spring onions and tomatoes and heat until slightly softened, stirring frequently.
- Add your eggs and scramble until 3/4 of the egg has formed.
- Add your the last 1/2 of the butter and the chopped mint scrambling until the eggs seem ever so slightly underdone.
- Remove from the heat.
- Lay out a bed of spinach, rocket and watercress, place your eggs on top.
- Add your avocado dip and halved grapes.
- If you’re feeling rather brave add a dash more cayenne pepper otherwise enjoy!