I know, I’m totally CBD mad at the moment but it’s for a really good reason. CBD, also known as cannabidiol, one of the many active ingredients derived from the hemp plant, has allowed me to recover from my workouts faster, improve my sleep and PMS symptoms, and it’s also helped me to manage my autoimmune disease and mental health. But, like with most supplements, taking it orally gets a little too samey. That’s why I keep coming up with various CBD edibles like these amazing Peppermint CBD Bounty Bars. That and I’m also paid in CBD by the lovely people at Truth Naturals to create you some deliciousness.
This is my super healthy version of everyone’s childhood favourite coconut centred chocolate bar. With a whopping 20mg dose of CBD oil and an abundant amount of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), these Peppermint CBD Bounty Bars make for a healthy and happy brain.
Generally speaking, I’m not one to just go around endorsing brands willy-nilly, to be honest, now that my blog is well established I will very rarely accept products in exchange for monetary payment, and believe me being an affiliate really doesn’t bring you in much money at all. I especially don’t like sticking with one brand – not because I’m unloyal, or the brands aren’t worthy of my love, but because variety is the spice of life. If I don’t know the whole market then I cannot help my readers, but, when it comes to CBD there are a lot of factors to look out for when shopping around. You have to ask yourself the following; is the product full spectrum and organic? Does the company have certification and lab testing that they can show you copies of? Are all of the ingredients natural and free from fillers? To be honest these are all questions you should be asking when you’re about to buy any supplement. I’m yet to find another CBD supplement that matches up to Truth Naturals but if another one came about I would most certainly give it a go. If you too want to dip your toe into the blissful waters of CBD city then use the code ‘GEORGINA10’ for £10 off at the checkout!
Anyway, back to the fun part – the recipe! Now, these don’t have to be peppermint flavoured Bounty Bars if you don’t want them to be, I just happened to only have Truth’s peppermint tincture on hand, plus with Christmas coming up peppermint it seemed rather fitting anyway. So, if you want to make the regular coconut CBD Bounty Bars then check out the notes section of my recipe for some coconut flavouring suggestions. My personal favourite being Medicine Flower Extract as it’s cold-pressed and highly potent in flavour so little is needed. It’s also both oil and water-soluble making it super versatile. I’m yet to find any flavour extract that can live up to it in both health factor and flavour. In fact, I’d call it the healthier and more natural version of LorAnn Oils.
These Peppermint CBD Bounty Bars are so yummy and super moist. I know people in the foodie scene shy away from the word moist (probably due to it’s more raunchy connotations) but personally, I think that’s the best word that could be used to describe these beautiful little bars… Well, that and succulent or juicy. The texture is so on point to the original sugar-laden version but the flavour is a little different due to the peppermint. The great thing about these is that they contain minimal ingredients and take virtually no time to make. Just stir everything together, leave to set, slice and dip in raw chocolate. You could also pour over the chocolate and create a little Bounty Slice instead.
Having trouble sleeping? Why not try my CBD Infused Sleepy Time Tea. Oh, and to vote for me in the UK Blog Awards be sure to click here to cast your vote and I’ll love you forever.
- 115g desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup coconut cream (see notes)
- ¼ cup raw honey (melted gently in a double boiler)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 10ml/166mg Truth Naturals Peppermint 500mg CBD Oil Tincture
- Pinch sea salt
- 40g cacao paste (roughly chopped/grated)
- 40g cacao butter (roughly chopped/grated)
- 1 tbsp raw honey/maple syrup/agave
- OR 100g good quality dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids or above)
- Grease and line a small brownie tin (I used an 8.5″ x 6.5″ tin) with greaseproof paper, be sure to leave enough excess so that you can lift the Bounty Bars out. Alternatively, use a loose based tin or suitable silicone mould.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together all of the ingredients for the Bounty mixture. Spoon into the lined brownie tin and smooth out using the back of your spoon. You can also flatten the mixture with damp hands. Place into the refrigerator (or freezer) and leave to set. This could take 1-2 hours to firm up but is faster in the freezer.
- Once set, remove from the tin and slice into 8 equal sized squares. Place back into the freezer whilst you melt your chocolate.
- Place your chocolate ingredients (or chocolate) over a double boiler and melt over a low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and set to one side until cool. It should be thick in viscosity and cool to the touch when dabbed on the skin below your lip. It's now time to dip.
- Dip your bars into the melted chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork onto the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and place onto a baking tray lined with either a silicone mat or greaseproof paper. Repeat the dipping process 2-3 times and then place the bars in the fridge/freezer until set.
- Store in an airtight container within the fridge and consume within 1 week. Alternatively, freeze and consume within 4-6 weeks.
Each Bounty Bar contains 20.75mg - you can alter the CBD mg content as you wish to be higher or lower. You could also cut into 10 to bring the dosage down to a more modest 16.6mg. Do not exceed 200mg per day.
I used the 'Peppermint' flavoured tincture but any of the other flavours would work equally as well.
*All cup measurements used are UK cup measurements and so 1 cup = 250ml. Please note that the prep time is largely setting time.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is NOT a sponsored post. I am a Truth Naturals affiliate and was sent some wonderful CBD goodies to create delicious recipes with. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. If you buy anything from the Truth Naturals website using any of the links contained with my post and use the discount code ‘GEORGINA10’, it won’t cost you any extra, but I will get a small commission to help keep my blog up and running. If you’d like to know more, feel free to contact me.