So, I totally re-fuelled from my half marathon purely on these, I also might have had one before the race too! These moreish Banana Bread and Carob Muffins are gorgeously moist, packed full of banana goodness, and the flavour of the carob compliments the banana ridiculously well. These are so easy to make and great for sticky little fingers too!
I have deliberately made these nut free so they can be popped into your little munchkins lunch boxes and you can alter the amount of coconut sugar you use depending upon how ripe the bananas are. I’ve made these before with no coconut sugar for my little Anya and she gobbled them up pretty quickly!
If you’re feeling a little more adventurous why not try using the ingredients from my Paleo Black Sesame Banana Bread?!
Makes: 1 large muffins
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
2 medium ripe bananas
100g raw unsalted grass-fed butter (or coconut oil)
75-100g coconut sugar
75g tapioca flour
1/2 cup raw carob powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease your muffin tin and set aside until needed.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the banana bread into the bowl of your food processor and process until smooth. This will take no longer than 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into all of the indentations of your muffin tin. Be sure to fill them right to the top if not just a slight bit more.
- Cook the muffins until hot in the middle but a toothpick does not come out clean. You want them to be on the verge of being ready.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before carefully turning out and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack. Then eat and enjoy!