Okay so Mother’s Day is coming up for us in the UK and I can’t think of a better way to great yo momma in the morning than serving her up a giant portion of my Vegan Nutella Pudding Parfait with a Raw Caramel Mousse to nosh down on in bed. Like seriously… that’s my idea of THE most perfect breakfast.
This parfait has a crazy amount of layers to it but is surprisingly easy to make – just make sure you’ve made a batch of my Paleo and Vegan Nutella in advance. To be honest if you haven’t already made a batch then you’re a bit crazy in my opinion, sorry (not sorry). If however you still can’t be bothered with the faff of making it yourself then you could easily sub with a jar of Biona Milk Chocolate Hazel Spread or Wyldsson Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread.
A Vegan Nutella Pudding Parfait with a raw caramel mousse, raw buttery shortbread, and a raw chocolate magic shell that will blow you away!
The first layer is a dreamy raw shortbread that has a melt in your mouth texture and a buttery flavour (despite the fact that there isn’t any actual butter in it), the second layer is a healthy Nutella style pudding, the third layer a raw caramel mousse made from young Thai coconut meat and lucuma, and the fourth and final layer is a raw chocolate magic shell. As though that wasn’t enough I did pour some Pip & Nut Almond Butter all over and sprinkle with cacao nibs and chopped toasted hazelnuts. Every mouthful was a mouthful of heavenly chocolate-y goodness. It was like one of those amazing dreams that you never wanted to end. It did indeed, sadly end for me after I had eaten the entire thing. Did I regret it in any way? Hell no! My only regret is that I didn’t make more of course!
I can’t reiterate how easy this recipe is – it basically involves blending various ingredients up and pouring them into glass jars layer by layer – oh and there is a little melting involved too of course, but that’s about it. You can have this whole thing done and dusted in around 3 hours (purely due to the setting time) or just leave it overnight and decorate in the morning if that’s easier. If you’re hard pressed for time or on a budget when it comes to ingredients then you can skip out a layer or 2 and it will still taste amazingly delicious either way.
The recipe makes 2 gigantic sized parfaits (as pictured) however you can split this into 4 medium jars or glasses. I actually used an empty RAW Health Sauerkraut jar for mine which has a capacity of around 500ml! Don’t worry though I washed that bad boy out good and proper!
So what you waiting for then? Get started and whip up your mama a sweet but healthy treat for Mother’s Day (or just for yourself)… Looking for something extra, extra special? Why not try making my heart-shaped Raw Vegan Pitaya Cheesecake?!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup light agave nectar/maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp fine Himalayan pink salt (if coarse grind)
- 2 tbsp almond/cashew milk
- 420ml of my Paleo and Vegan Nutella (or other healthy Nutella spread)
- 100ml tinned coconut milk
- 100g organic virgin young Thai coconut meat (I use Mighty Bee)
- ¾ cup cashew/almond milk
- ½ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup lucuma powder
- 2-3 tbsp light agave nectar/maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Squeeze lemon juice (no more than 1tsp)
- Pinch fine Himalayan pink salt (if coarse grind)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 25g cacao butter (melted)
- Start by combining all of the ingredients for your shortbread base in the bowl of your food processor and pulse until it only just comes together into crumbs. Divide the shortbread evenly and spoon into your glass jars, gently pressing down with your fingertips to form the base layer. You want to be gentle but firm enough so that the crumbs form a solid base but not so firm that it becomes too dense. Set your jars to one side.
- Next it's time to make your Nutella pudding layer. Simply blend your healthy Nutella with the coconut milk until smooth and again divide equally between the jars. Cover the jars with cling film and place into the refrigerator to set.
- Next blend all of your ingredients for your caramel mousse in a high speed blender. Be sure to periodically scrape down the sides to ensure a smooth and even blend. Pour into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator until set - about 3 hours.
- Remove your parfait jars from the refrigerator and uncover.
- In a double boiler melt together the ingredients for your magic shell until fully melted. Give a stir and set to one side.
- Remove your caramel mousse from the refrigerator and give a good stir before pouring into a piping bag and piping equal amounts on top of your parfaits. Alternatively spoon on top for a more rustic look.
- Drizzle over your magic shell immediately and sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
**Prep time includes a 3 hour setting time.