“Tahini? Tahini!” I hear you say. Yes that’s right, tahini!
I think in the UK tahini is very much an underrated food source, and often thought of as being used in savoury dishes, but in my eyes it is a bonified superfood.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher source of protein than most nuts.
- It contains a whopping 426mg of calcium per 100g, which is over 1/2 of your RDA!
- It aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s high in B vitamins and vitamin E.
- It helps to prevent anaemia, promote cell growth and even maintain muscle tone.
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, potassium and iron.
- It’s great for your skin (always a bonus!)
This is definitely the quickest and easiest Paleo post-workout dessert ever and is perfect for kids too. (My baby even loves this!)
Serves: 1 person
Cooking time: 2 minutes!
1/2 pear roughly chopped
1 small banana roughly chopped
Handful of blueberries
Handful of raspberries
2 tbsp tahini
1 small square 90% chocolate broken into chips or 10g grated cacao (May want to add 1tsp raw honey or maple syrup if you use cacao dependent upon your tastes)
Place all of the ingredients into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 1:30 mins and enjoy!!!
Alternatively heat in a pan on a low heat unti it just begins to bubble and transfer to a bowl.