Because you all like my last gelatinised post so much I thought that I would share my Paleo Thai Banana Coconut Custard Gummies recipe with you all too. These are a lot sweeter than the last lot so please do keep in mind that these aren’t the best for weight loss goals! You don’t have to use the coconut sugar, in fact if you’ve got a super ripe banana then you can probably get away with omitting it altogether or adding in a few drops of stevia (if that’s your bag).
I absolutely looooove Thai food but most of the desserts are usually rice based so I came up with the idea to turn these into gummies because, well, I am a huge fan of those Thai banana coconut cream custard desserts that you can get at the local Thai takeaways. These gummies are so quick and easy to make you’ll be loving it!
Oh and don’t forget that gelatin is fab for your joints, skin, hair, nails, and even your gut health!
Yields: Roughly 4 blocks (of 6 small squares)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (plus 1-2 hr setting time)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Start by heating 1/2 cup of your coconut milk until hand hot. Add your 1/4 cup of gelatin, stir, and leave to ‘bloom’ for 5-10 minutes.
- In a blender blend together your remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk, banana, coconut sugar, red banana powder, and maca powder until fully blended. Place the ingredients into a small pan and bring the mixture to the boil and reduce to the lowest heat.
- Stir/whisk in your gelatin bloom until it becomes thin and the ingredients have fully combined. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into your silicone mould and place into the fridge. Leave to set for 1-2 hours until firm to the touch!
- Remove the gummies and stuff your face!