So this recipe might look a little complicated to make but I assure you that it sure ain’t! This Raspberry Raw Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich consists simply of an ample, dreamy layer of Oppo Madagascan Vanilla ice cream blended with frozen raspberries, sandwiched between 2 giant, fudgy raw chocolate heart-shaped brownies, drizzled with raw chocolate, and encrusted with freeze dried raspberries to create a full blown mouthgasm that no other Valentine’s Day dessert could possibly provide – for reals. I don’t like to blow my own horn (insert dirty joke here) but this is THE best ice cream sandwich that I have ever eaten. And yes I totally ate this all to myself… Please don’t judge me…
This Raspberry Raw Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich blends frozen raspberries with Oppo Madagascan Vanilla ice cream, packed between a fudgy raw brownie, for a mouthgasm you won’t forget!
A little while back Oppo contacted me and asked me if I’d like to sample some of their delicious ice cream and possibly make a recipe for them – naturally I jumped for joy – I mean who doesn’t love free ice cream?! But free, healthy ice cream makes it all the better. For those of you who aren’t aware of Oppo ice cream – it’s a fairly new start up by the two brothers Harry and Charlie who believe that healthy doesn’t have to be boring and well… taste horrendous. This journey wasn’t easy however – to find out the full story just watch this fab video below!
Oppo is made with fresh milk from grass-fed cows, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, stevia leaf, an added superfood boost (depending upon the flavour), and only has 40 calories per scoop – that’s 60% less sugar and calories than the regular sugar laden stuff. Oppo is currently available in the 3 following flavours; Salted Caramel with a Hint of Lucuma, Madagascan Vanilla with a Hint of Baobab, or Mint Choc Swirl with a Hint of Spirulina. You can pick up a tub from Ocado, Waitrose, Co-Op, Whole Foods Market, Budgens, Holland & Barrett, and many more. To find out your nearest stockist just click here. (For a chance to win 3 tubs of Oppo to scoff just scroll down!)
Anyways back to this amazing recipe – I’ve tried all 3 of Oppo’s flavours in the past, and all of them tasted delicious, but I wanted to make something in time for Valentine’s Day that was fresh, funky, and fun. Most importantly though, I wanted it to be super easy to make – I don’t know about you but rushing around trying to bake up some complicated dessert on the day isn’t so appealing to me.
The beauty of raw desserts is that you usually just have to whack a bunch of scrummy ingredients into a blender and then wait for them to set – the prep time is minimal and you don’t have to do a lot of work whatsoever. The only complicated part of this dessert is the drip work with the chocolate but to be honest you could dunk the entire thing into chocolate and be sorted! The raw brownie mix isn’t as sweet as other’s that I have encountered in the past – although I use medjool dates I use a lot of raw cacao powder and pecans to cut through that sweetness.
So what are you waiting for? Whip up this little dream for your loved one – or just whip it up for yourself because let’s face it – there’s nothing better than scoffing a giant, fudgy ice cream sandwich into your face, guilt free!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day inspiration? Why not try my Valentine’s Raw Vegan Pitaya Cheesecake!
- ½ (packed) cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tbsp coconut cream
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup Madagascan Vanilla Oppo
- ⅔ cup frozen raspberries (heaped)
- 1 small raw chocolate bar/good quality dark chocolate (about 50g)
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Combine all of your raw brownie ingredients into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times before processing until the mixture forms a smooth ball. Be sure to scrape down the sides frequently using a spatula to ensure even distribution of ingredients. Divide your mixture in two and leave to one side.
- Grease and line your springform heart shaped cake tin with greaseproof paper. Be sure to leave an extra 1" in height above the tin. Next drop in one half of your brownie mix, pressing down with your fingertips until you form an even layer. If the mixture is very oily blot with some kitchen towel until dry. Place your tin into the freezer and begin preparing your ice cream.
- Place your Madagascan Vanilla Oppo ice cream and frozen raspberries into a high speed blender and pulse a few times before blending on full speed. You'll probably have to scrape the sides down often until the ice cream starts to soften up a bit. Process until smooth.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and poor in your raspberry ice cream. Place back into the freezer until firm (about 1 hour).
- Remove your tin from the freezer again and knuckle in the remaining brownie mix until you form an even layer. You may come above the tin but do not worry. Simply release the spring on your tin and flip the ice cream sandwich over. Be sure to place another piece of greaseproof paper on the bottom before doing so though! Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt your raw chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and shiny. Remove your tin from the freezer, remove the springform tin and greaseproof paper. Next pour over your raw chocolate and working quickly use a spatula to cover the top of the heart, pushing some chocolate down the sides to create drips. Sprinkle liberally with freeze dried raspberries. Leave for 15-30 minutes to soften up before serving.
**All cup measurements used are UK cup measurements and so 1 cup = 250ml.
Up For Grabs
One lucky winner will win the following:
- 3 vouchers to redeem at selected stores for any Oppo Ice Cream flavour(s) of your choice.
Oppo Ice Cream have been generous enough to giveaway 3 tubs of their amazing ice cream – thanks guys! Oppo are reknowned for their luxury flavoured ice creams that have 60% less sugar and calories than the regular stuff (no you’re not dreaming!). Oppo is made with cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, stevia leaf, and fresh milk from grass-fed cows and is currently available in the 3 following flavours; Salted Caramel with a Hint of Lucuma, Madagascan Vanilla with a Hint of Baobab, or Mint Choc Swirl with a Hint of Spirulina.
How to Enter:
- To enter into the competition just simply sign-up to the Greens of the Stone Age Newsletter by filling in this form – this will give you 5 entries into the competition! Already signed up? No problem just follow step no. 2.
- Next using the Rafflecopter giveaway widget below, select ‘Sign-up to my Newsletter’ and fill in your first name and e-mail address for verification purposes. If you don’t complete these two steps your entry will be disqualified!
For Additional Entry Points
To up your odds of winning:
- Leave a comment using the comments box telling me how you’ll devour your Oppo if you win! You may only do this once.
- Follow Greens of the Stone Age on Twitter, and any of the companies involved in the giveaway, using the option on the Rafflecopter giveaway box below. You may only follow each company once.
- Sign up to the Oppo Ice Cream newsletter and receive £1 off your next purchase! You can do this by filling in the form on this page. You may only do this once.
- Tweet about the competition using the ‘Tweet about the giveaway’ box below. You can do this once daily!
*Competition open to UK entrants only. Sorry!
** Competition opens 00:00 10th February 2017 to 23:59 24th February 2017. (All times GMT.)
The Lucky Winner
- The lucky winner will be picked at random.
- The more entries into the competition, the higher the chance is that you will win!
- The lucky winners will be e-mailed by myself within 48 hours of being picked in order to obtain their details and arrange a suitable time to ship their prize!
Thanks for entering and good luck!