Overnight oats have been all the rage lately, and I’ve been feeling ever so slightly left out as I follow a largely Paleo diet – and so oats (even gluten-free ones) are off the menu. I’ve used a mix of desiccated coconut, milled flax seed, chia, and coconut flour as my ‘oaty’ base. I then soaked them in some sweetened and diluted coconut milk overnight for a breakfast that’s easy to chomp down on and digest.
These Raspberry and Rose Water Paleo Overnight Oats combine desiccated coconut, flax, and chia for a wholesome breakfast that’s rich in heart healthy fats, whilst refreshing, juicy raspberries are complimented by elegant and floral rose water for a truly beautiful breakfast.
As I’m no plain Jane, I felt like I couldn’t just go down the regular route of simply ‘oats’ so I combined refreshingly juicy raspberries with the ever so elegant and floral rose water. The rose water helps to tone down the ‘zing’ of the raspberries and the two pair so well together, making for a light and gentle breakfast that lingers on the palate.
All you need to whip up these fab overnight oats is a 0.5l mason jar with a screw tight lid (I use this Kilner one). You then add your ingredients into the jar and give them a vigorous shake, leave in the fridge overnight, and enjoy first thing in the morning with your favourite toppings (if you wish to add them that is). This makes it the perfect breakfast for those on-the-go and will brighten up your dreary office in no time. I have included some of my favourite, but optional, toppings such as crushed pistachios, freeze dried raspberries, raw chocolate shavings, and dried rose petals. If you’re eating at the office just pack your toppings into a small tupperware box and add just before you’re ready to eat in order to prevent them from going soggy.
These Raspberry and Rose Water Paleo Overnight Oats are dairy, gluten, grain, and nut free making them practically allergen free. They are also suitable for vegans. The beautiful flavour combinations and gorgeous textures are sure to blow you away so enjoy!
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder (I use Ndali)
- Pinch fine Himalayan pink salt (if coarse grind)
- 6-8 tbsp frozen raspberries (crushed)
- ½ cup tinned coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp alcohol free rose water (I use Steenbergs)
- Combine your desiccated coconut, milled flax, chia, coconut flour, vanilla powder, pink salt, and frozen raspberries into a 0.5l mason jar, screw on the lid, and shake until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Next pour in your tinned coconut milk, filtered water, maple syrup, and rose water. Screw on the lid again and shake until the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Remove the lid and give a quick stir.
- Screw the lid on tightly and place into the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours) in order for the ingredients to fully absorb the liquid and soften.
- Serve with your favourite toppings or enjoy on its own.
** All cup measurements used are UK cup measurements and so 1 cup = 250ml.