For the crumble:
For the fruit:
1 tbsp water
25g butter (diced)
For the custard:
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the raw honey, pecans and water in a food processor. Process until all of the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Add the raw honey and mix until you get a bread crumb like texture.
- Add the pecans and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Remove the crumble mix into a small mixing bowl and add the water. Rake the water through.
- Transfer the crumble mix to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop your fruit into cubes and place in a medium pan on a low heat with the sugar, honey and water. Cook until softened.
- Grease your baking dish and add your fruit.
- Stir in your tapioca flour and butter.
- Sprinkle on your ground cinnamon and ginger and stir again.
- Remove your crumble mix from the freezer, rake with a fork and pour on top of the fruit. Spread evenly without pressing down.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and bubbling.
- For the custard, combine the coconut milk and honey in a medium pan and heat on a gentle heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Once the coconut milk mix has warmed through gradually pour and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Return the mix to the pan and heat gently until it begins to simmer and thicken.
- Once it is at the texture you desire remove and serve up!