This is definitely an energy boosting and filling breakfast. It’s nutritious and delicious!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
For the pancakes:
1 tbsp almond butter
1 /4 tbsp milled flax seed
1 tbsp lucuma powder
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
100ml almond milk
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
For the chocolate orange sauce:
400ml coconut milk
100g 90% dark chocolate
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
Juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional but tasty)
1 tsp orange essence (optional but tasty)
- For the pancakes mash together eggs, almond butter & banana in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in the milled flax seeds, lucuma, maca and coconut flour.
- Whisk in the almond milk until you get a smooth batter.
- Lastly add in the chia seeds, salt and bicarbonate of soda mixing thoroughly. Set the batter aside and make your sauce.
- For the sauce place all of the ingredients into a small pan and heat on a low heat. Whisk frequently until the sauce is smooth and the chocolate has melted. Set aside your sauce and cook your pancakes.
- Place a medium sized frying pan on a high heat and add your coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted reduce the heat and place 2 generous sized tbsp of the batter into the pan.
- Using the back of the spoon shape into a perfect circle!
- Once the top of the pancake looks semi firm (should take about 1 minute) flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Once you have cooked all of your pancakes, pour over the chocolate sauce. Layering the sauce as you go along will ensure that each pancake soaks it in but isn’t necessary. Enjoy!