Makes: Roughly 20 Ravioli
Prep Time: Approx 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Paleo Sundried Tomato Pasta:
1 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
3 sundried tomatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt flakes or 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt (fine)
4 tbsp tapioca flour to dust
Lemon & Garlic Tuna Filling:
1 tin tuna (drained)
2 cloves garlic
2 sundried tomatoes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Large handful rocket, watercress and spinach mix
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- Firstly prepare your pasta dough. Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 5 minutes scraping down the sides frequently.
- Once the dough has formed a ball remove. The mix should be slightly tacky to the touch but not wet!
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put to one side.
- Place all of the ingredients for your tuna filling into a food processor and process until a slightly coarse paste.
- Put your mix to one side and unwrap your pasta dough.
- Dust a flat clean surface with sieved tapioca flour. (Also sieve some onto your dough ball)
- Roll your dough until it is approx. 2mm thick, if you find that it is splitting then roll slightly thicker.
- Using a ravioli stamp or scone/biscuit cutter cut out the rounds.
- Fill with a teaspoon of the filling.
- Place another round on top, ensuring that you brush the undusted side with water and gently tap around the edges.
- Firmly press down working out any air around the filling.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook on a low boil for 5 minutes until al dente!
- Serve your pasta plain or be inventive! See my serving suggestion below for some ideas.