I fancied something a little bit different today so I decided to knock together this little lunch. It was absolutely delicious! And most of all it didn’t taste of spirulina one bit!!!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
For the egg rolls:
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp spirulina
Pinch Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp coconut oil (for frying)
For the salad:
1 courgette (sliced into ribbons)
1 mushroom (finely sliced)
Juice 1/2 lime
1/2 pink grapefruit (segmented)
1/2″ piece shredded root ginger
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Nanami togarashi (optional but tasty!)
- Start by preparing your salad. Using a potato peeler, peel your courgette into ribbons.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl except for the coriander and nanami togarashi. Mix thoroughly to ensure that everything has been coated in a layer of the lime juice.
- Whisk together your eggs, coconut sugar, spirulina and salt. Make sure that your egg mix is completely smooth.
- In a medium sized frying pan melt your coconut oil on a low heat. Pour in the egg mix and leave for 5 minutes.
- Once the top looks like it is starting to solidify transfer the pan under a grill. Grill for 5 minutes or until fully firm to the touch.
- Leave your egg roll to cool for a few minutes. Transfer your egg roll onto a flat surface and begin to roll tucking in as you go along.
- Once your egg roll is in a roll shape, cut into thin slices.
- Transfer your egg roll onto your salad.
- Add your chopped coriander and nanami togarashi and serve!