So as some of you may already know that the lovely people at Comvita UK provided me with a couple of goodies to review. I just couldn’t help but create something super nutritious and super delicious. Watch out for my review of Comvita’s Manuka Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Leaf Extract coming shortly!
Serves: 4-6 people (depending upon how greedy they are)
Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
For the beetroot, carrot & ginger salad:
For the spiced sweet mash:
- In a sink peel your beets with a potato peeler whilst running a hot tap over them. This will prevent you from staining your hands. Alternatively wear some rubber gloves.
- For the sweet mash cut your peeled sweet potatoes into quarters and put a full kettle on to boil.
- Once boiled fill a large pan with the sweets and pour over the hot water. Place on a high heat, cover and boil for 6-8 minutes.
- Whilst wating for your sweets to cook peel your root ginger. In a food processor use a ‘grating’ plate with medium holes and shred your beets, carrots and ginger.
- Remove your shredded salad and place into a large salad bowl.
- Add the rest of your salad ingredients (except for the fresh coriander) and stir until evenly distributed.
- Drain your sweet potatoes and leave to drip dry for 5 minutes (you want the least amount of moisture possible).
- Blend together all of the sweet mash ingredients until smooth.
- Roughly cut your spring onions.
- Place a heavy based pan on a low heat, add your remaining knob of butter and spring onions. Cook until softened (about 1 minute.
- Remove the mash and add to the pan. Heat through until warm, stirring frequently ensuring that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Roughly chop your fresh coriander and stir through your salad.
- Serve with peppered mackerel or whatever you desire!