You might remember a while back that the wonderful people at Raw Ecstasy sent me some of their beautiful products to have a play about with and review! I used their Activated Pepitas Plain and Stone-ground Activated Almond Butter in this recipe. The almond butter is the smoothest almond butter that I have ever had. It is also the cleanest tasting and I have had my fair share of raw nut butters. The pumpkin seeds (pepitas) are also just divine! My full review of their product range will be up shortly!
Now these aren’t your conventional nut butter cups at all. In fact they aren’t largely chocolate based but fudge based! How yummy! Your bottom layer is pumpkin fudge, the middle pumpkin pie butter, on top of that another layer of fudge and then a pumpkin infused white chocolate and some beautiful raw activated crunchy pumpkin seeds. It’s a beautiful little concoction and it’s a great way to fit some maca powder into your food!
Makes: 5 large sized cups
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the pumpkin fudge (& pumpkin infused white chocolate):
For the pumpkin pie butter filling:
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
For the topping:
- For your pumpkin fudge combine all of the ingredients except for the pumpkin puree in a medium heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
- Whisk in your pumpkin puree until fully blended. You will have an ‘oily’ residue – do not panic this will be your ‘pumpkin infused white chocolate’.
- Divide one half of the mixture between 5 cupcake cases, you will have to whisk the mix frequently. Place in the freezer to set. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Now prepare your pumpkin pie butter filling. Combine all of the ingredients into a heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes together into a smooth paste.
- Remove the fudge cups from the freezer and divide the pumpkin pie butter filling equally between the 5 cups.
- Mix the pumpkin fudge mix thoroughly and divide between the 5 cups. Any ‘oil’ that is remaining divide equally between the cups.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the top and return to the freezer.
- Once set remove from the cupcake cases and enjoy!