This is the perfect Autumn treat! Not too sweet or sickly. Just right.
I love Pumpkin Pie but I also love something that is easy to chow down on and is nutritious too. These cheesecake squares are raw, vegan and of course Paleo. How fantastic!!!
Makes: Roughly 12 to 16 squares
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
For the base:
100g macadamia nuts
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp maple syrup
For the pumpkin pie filling:
1/2 cup coconut oil
75g cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
250g/2 cups cashews (soaked overnight or min. 4 hours)
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1.5 tbsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
Juice 1 lemon
1 tin pumpkin puree (425g)
1 peeled courgette (cubed)
Handful of pecans to decorate (optional)
- For the base, combine all of the ingredients and process until a sandy texture (have a nibble, if it reminds you of biscuit crimbs it’s done!).
- Line a 6″x8″ tin with greaseproof paper. Pour in the base mixture and ‘knuckle’ it in until evenly distributed. Place in the freezer until later.
- For the pumpkin pie filling place the coconut oil, cacao butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar over a bain-marie until fully melted. This could take around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the rest of the ingredients into the food processor, except for the courgette, and process until smooth.
- Remove your cacao butter mixture from the bain-marie and combine with the rest of the filling. Process until smooth.
- Add your peeled courgette and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Remove your base from the freezer and pour in your pumpkin filling.
- Gently place on top your pecans, you can crush them or just pop single ones on – be creative!
- Place your cheesecake into the freezer until set.
- Slice and serve!!! Yummy yummy scrummy in your tummy!
You’ll find most of the ingredients you need for this recipe at Perfectly Paleo