By now you have probably gathered that I am a bit of a curry fiend, or just a fiend for spices and flavour!!! I absolutely loved this curry, it is medium to hot and packed full of gorgeous cinnamon and saffron. Not only is it yummy but it is super pretty to look at too! If you want to garnish with some extra roasted nuts and saffron then feel free to do so but obviously you will need a little more than stated in the ingredients!
This is pretty much a no fuss Paleo curry so just get stuck in and tuck in!!!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
125g salted raw grass-fed butter or ghee (sub with 75g coconut manna & 50g coconut oil for Vegan option)
6 cloves of garlic
2″ piece root ginger (peeled)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp (fine) Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp saffron
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp cardamom pods (crushed)
2 onions (diced)
500g chicken breast pieces (can sub with 500g sweet potato/veg for vegan option)
1 cup coconut yogurt
1 cup coconut cream
3 tbsp roasted slivered/chopped almonds
- In a pestle and mortar grind up into a rough paste your ginger, garlic, cinnamon, black pepper, chilli powder, salt, saffron and sugar.
- Heat your butter/ghee in a large pan or wok on a low heat until bubbling then and add your spice paste, cloves and cardamom. Cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add your onions and chicken and cook until the chicken is slightly browned.
- Add your yogurt, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in your coconut cream and roasted chopped almonds.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with a nice side of sweet potato or cauli rice!