As some of you may already know, the wonderful people at Nua Naturals sent me out some of their coconut flour, coconut sugar and some goji berries to review and get creative with. I came up with these beautiful cookies.
If you haven’t heard about NUA Naturals before then I shall let you know a little about them! They are an Irish health food business at the cutting edge of the global trends of ‘Raw Food’, ‘Gluten Free’, and ‘Vegan’. They’re lovers, suppliers and artisan producers of organic health foods. 95% of their range is Organic (excluding their goji berries, MSM & bee pollen) and the only product of theirs that is not Vegan is the bee pollen. Such a fab company that could do with a bit more exposure in England I think!
These cookies are utterly gorgeous! They just melt in your mouth and are perfect with a cup of coffee! They are super naughty though so please do consume responsibly!
Makes: Roughly 18 cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup tapioca flour
100g unsalted raw grass-fed butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp orange essence
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of Himalyan pink salt
1/2 cup goji berries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor (except for the goji berries) and blend for 5 minutes until fully blended. You will have to scrape down the sides periodically with a spatula.
- ‘Pulse’ in your goji berries so that they are evenly mixed in.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and grease lightly with a little coconut oil. (You are likely to either make 2 batches or use 2 trays!)
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball, place on the baking try then flatten with the palm of your hand until around 0.5cm thick.
- Place your baking tray in the oven and remove the cookies once they are only just firm to the touch on top and lightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing. Once you have removed the cookies from the baking tray place into the freezer and chill for 20 minutes. These bad boys are super fragile so handle with care.
- Remove the cookies and enjoy their crumbly, melty goodness!