Good lordy what a mouthful! But what a beautiful mouthful!!! This has to be the most creative and delicious dessert that I have made yet. I love it!
So, this recipe came about when I contacted the wonderful Molly at Perfectly Paleo to see if they were interested in having a guest recipe for their site. Luckily for me they were! They were looking for something pasta based so naturally I ended up being a little too creative and making a dessert pasta. Who said pasta had to be savoury hey?!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe, although it looks difficult to make it’s actually quite simple!
Serves: 4 people (makes approx. 20 ravioli)
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the chocolate pasta:
For the salted caramel:
For the orange sauce:
- Firstly prepare your pasta dough. Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 5 minutes scraping down the sides frequently.
- Once the dough has formed a ball remove. The mix should be slightly tacky to the touch but not wet!
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put to one side.
- For the salted caramel combine all of the ingredients (except for the egg yolk) in a small heavy based pan on a low heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together until a smooth paste.
- Heat until the mixture begins to simmer, be sure to whisk frequently. Do this for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 3 minutes.
- Add your egg yolk and whisk until smooth.
- Return to a low heat and bring back to a simmer, whisk frequently.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken remove from the heat. This will take probably another 1-2 minutes. Leave to cool in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- For the orange sauce combine all of your ingredients in a small heavy based pan on a low heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk frequently.
- Add your ‘thickening agent’ mix and whisk. The mix should start to thicken to the consistency of double cream.
- Remove from the heat, place in an airtight container and place in the fridge/freezer until fully chilled.
- Put your mix to one side and unwrap your pasta dough.
- Dust a flat clean surface with sieved tapioca flour. (Also sieve some onto your dough ball)
- Roll your dough until it is approx. 2mm thick, if you find that it is splitting then roll slightly thicker.
- Using a ravioli stamp or scone/biscuit cutter cut out the rounds.
- Fill with a teaspoon of the filling.
- Place another round on top, ensuring that you use the undusted side and gently tap around the edges (if it does not want to stick together then gently brush with water).
- Firmly press down working out any air around the filling.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook on a low boil for 5 minutes until al dente!
- Serve with your chilled orange sauce and drop into ooey gooey chocolate and caramel heaven!
And if you want to see my guest recipe on the Perfectly Paleo website then click here!