I know it’s not autumn anymore… I took a little hiatus from my blog to just take a step back and reevaluate my life and to take a general digital detox… So anyways that’s why you’re only just now getting my badass Healthy Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Recipe – and let’s be honest the weather warrants a hot, spiced and sweet beverage – am I right, or am I right? Right…
This healthy Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink is even better than the real thing! Hot apple juice is brewed with herbal tea and spices, topped with whipped coconut cream, and a decadent caramel drizzle.
So the original Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice consists of steamed, freshly pressed apple juice with a high fructose cinnamon syrup, all topped off with a sweetened whipped cream and a caramel drizzle that would probably send you running over the roof tops. My version is a cleaner and more flavoursome take on the Starbucks classic – I’ve used freshly pressed apple juice but I’ve brewed it up with a little ground ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder, and my favourite tea – Pukka’s Wild Apple & Cinnamon Organic Herbal Tea – a combination of 100% organic cinnamon bark, licorice root, ginger root, orange peel, chamomile flower, wild apple, cardamom, orange essential oil, and clove buds. (Scroll down for a chance to win 1 of 4 boxes !)
I’ve topped this Caramel Apple Spice beauty off with a lightly sweetened whipped coconut cream and a caramel drizzle made from succulent medjool dates, almond butter, and vanilla. If that hasn’t sold you then I don’t know what will?!
This drink however is nice without all of the extra toppings and is so fast to make, so if you’re in need of a quick little pick-me-up then this is totally your go-to drink! This Caramel Apple Spice packs a pretty spicy punch due to the ground ginger (if you like spicy use the upper limit included in the recipe) but all 3 of my kids absolutely loved this drink and we went through numerous cups around Halloween and Bonfire Night to keep warm during the festivities.
If you choose to make the caramel sauce you’ll end up with a generous amount. The sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks but is best used within the first. It’s great for drizzling over porridge, coconut yogurt, or for mixing into your hot drinks as a sweetener.
So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
- 1 cup freshly pressed apple juice
- 1 Pukka Wild Apple & Cinnamon tea bag
- ¼-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- 1x400ml tin of full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight or for 8 hours)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/light agave
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder (optional but tasty)
- The night before making, place your tin of coconut milk into the fridge and leave until needed.
- Add your freshly pressed apple juice, Pukka Wild Apple & Cinnamon tea bag, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and vanilla powder into a heavy bottomed pan. Place on a low heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes before removing from the heat and leaving to infuse for another 5 minutes.
- Remove your tin of chilled coconut milk from the fridge. Open the tin carefully, poking a hole into the creamy top layer and drain out all of the water. Scoop out all of the solid cream into a large mixing bowl. (For best results use a pre-chilled metal mixing bowl. Add your maple syrup and vanilla powder and whisk using large strokes to beat in as much air as possible. Once the cream forms large stiff peaks it is done. Place to one side until needed.
- Next place all of the ingredients for your caramel drizzle into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Be sure to use piping hot water to ensure all of the ingredients combine fully.
- Pour your Apple Spice drink through a mesh strainer into a suitably sized glass, spoon on a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream, drizzle over your caramel sauce and enjoy!
*All cup measurements used are UK cup measurements and so 1 cup = 250ml.
Up For Grabs
Four lucky winners will win the following:
Pukka Herbs have been generous enough to giveaway 4 boxes of their Wild Apple & Cinnamon Organic Herbal Tea – thanks guys! Pukka are reknowned for their delicious organic herbal teas and incredible health supplements that help you on a journey to a healthier and happier life.
These tea bags are naturally caffeine-free and are ethically sourced with the following 100% organically grown ingredients; cinnamon bark (28%), licorice root, ginger root (14%), orange peel, chamomile flower, wild apple (6%), cardamom pod, orange essential oil flavour, and clove bud. You’ll find 20 tea bags in a box, each one individually wrapped in recyclable paper sachets to help keep the flavour locked in and protect the environment!
How to Enter:
- To enter into the competition just simply sign-up to the Greens of the Stone Age Newsletter by filling in this form – this will give you 5 entries into the competition! Already signed up? No problem just follow step no. 2.
- Next using the Rafflecopter giveaway widget below, select ‘Sign-up to my Newsletter’ and fill in your first name and e-mail address for verification purposes. If you don’t complete these two steps your entry will be disqualified!
For Additional Entry Points
To up your odds of winning:
- Leave a comment using the comments box below