A while back I received the Green People Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation with SPF15 in ‘Caramel Light‘ to review – which I was beyond thrilled to have received as I had just made my switch from toxic beauty products to organic! I had literally binned everything – even my beloved YSL foundation!
Before I start my review I’ll let you in on a little secret! There will be a Green People Make-up Bundle Competition starting on the 1st September and you will have the chance to win a full Green People make-up kit including the Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation!
Green People Facts:
- Green People was founded in 1997 by Charlotte whose daughter suffered from eczema and multiple skin allergies.
- Charlotte actually approached the Soil Association in 1999 to address the state of the beauty industry wherein products could be labelled as being ‘natural’ when in fact they could contain as little as 1% natural ingredients. Charlotte was invited onto the committee and helped to design the first standards of organic beauty!
- Green People promise never use toxic or synthetic chemicals such as alcohol (ethanol), parabens, petrochemicals (mineral oils/silicone), phthalates, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), or synthetic fragrances or colourants in their products.
- Green People’s products contain over 90% natural and organic ingredients.
- Green People never test their products on animals.
- Green People stock a lot of vegan beauty products however their make-up range isn’t suitable for vegans as it uses beeswax. Their eyeliner and kabuki brush are suitable for vegans though!
Green People Pressed Mineral Powder (SPF15)
- Is available in 5 shades; Porcelain Pale, Honey Light, Caramel Light, Honey Medium, and Caramel Medium. Honey shades are for people who have skin with pink/cool undertones and Caramel shades are for people with yellow/olive/warm undertones.
- Contains 100% natural products (of which 11.6% are organic).
- Contains a broad-spectrum (combats both UVA’s and UVB’s) SPF15 to protect skin.
- Contains natural earth minerals that minimise the look of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing out the skin.
- Has a matte finish.
- Contains beeswax and is therefore not suitable for vegans.
- The compact itself is made from recycled materials and contains a small mirror but no brush.
Pros: It is so easy to use and perfect for any novice make-up user! The powder is so light that you can’t feel it on your face. You can build up layers to gain the coverage that you like and it can be used as a light layer underneath your foundation to act as a priming base – or to set your foundation with. The fact that they do both warm and cool colours is fantastic – as someone who has olive skin but is very fair it is so hard to find a foundation for pale skin that isn’t pink toned! For having an SPF15 I think the price is fair and the product is incredibly good value for money!
Cons: The first thing that springs to mind is that not everyone has white skin! I love Green People so much but I would like to see more shades in the range for women with darker skin. I found that the overall tone of the product matched that of my skin tone however it was a little bit too much on the pale side – not a con as such but the colour range may not be diverse enough for some or like me you may have to stick to this one for the winter! Oh and it doesn’t come with a brush which means you have to buy one separately!
Before and After Shots!
I absolutely loved using the Green People Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation, it’s great value for money, doesn’t have an overpowering smell to it, most certainly does what it says on the tin, and glides on with a super velvety feel! That being said the shade I was sent was slightly too pale for me and looking at the Caramel Medium it may be possible to really lightly brush it over my face but I think that it would be too dark overall and best used as a bronzer without shimmer or blended over the top of the Caramel Light shade!
I didn’t find that this made my skin too dry or tight when wearing it, in fact it was like a second skin and super comfortable even when out in the blazing sun!
I loved how I could just gradually build the layers up and it didn’t catch in any of my newly found 31 year old wrinkles at all, it most definitely did smooth them out and covered up my pores too giving me a sort of ‘airbrushed’ look. It’s enough to pop on quick and easily using a kabuki/bronzer brush you just have to ‘buff’ it in in a circular motion until you get your desired look.
I also really enjoyed using this underneath the Green People Age Defy+ Tinted DD Moisturiser that I featured in ‘My Top 5 Organic Skincare Products‘ as a primer and then brushed lightly over the top to set the foundation and to also reduce the darkness of the tinted moisturiser (as it was slightly too dark). This was however the perfect combo especially for a full face of make up on a night out!
I will most definitely be buying this product again it’s super light, blendable, and the perfect cruelty free addition to any make-up bag! And fingers crossed more shades will be arriving in the future!
Have you tried any Green People products before? Why not share your faves using the comments box below?!
Why not follow Green People online? Just check out the links below: