I’ve been making mad stacks yo! Ok… well… uhhh… mad stacks of pancakes that is!
These pancakes are the most spongiest, moist and belly warming pancakes that I have ever made. Just two of these was enough to fill me up for my breakfast right through until lunch. Best of all they don’t take too long to rustle up!
Makes: 5 Pancakes (2 servings)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the pancakes:
1 large banana
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional but delicious)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut sugar
3/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp milled chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate if soda
1.5 tbsp coconut oil to fry these beauties in!
For the toppings:
1 tbsp melted raw honey
2 handfuls of your favourite berries
4 tbsp chilled coconut milk
- Mash together your banana, vanilla essence, cinnamon, and coconut sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk in your eggs thoroughly.
- Add your milled chia seeds and flours, mixing until you get a smooth batter.
- Lastly add in your baking powder and bicarbonate of soda mixing thoroughly.
- Place a medium sized frying pan on a high heat and add your coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted reduce the heat and place 2 generous sized tbsp of the batter into the pan.
- Using the back of the spoon shape into a perfect circle!
- Once the top of the pancake looks semi firm (should take about 1 minute) flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Once you have cooked all of your pancakes, drizzle the raw melted honey on each pancake, layering as you go along.
- Top with fruit and pour on you chilled coconut milk and serve!