Last October BYBI Beauty rather generously sent me out a bunch of goodies of which I managed to review most of them – the older version of their Babe Balm and the Detox Dust and Lip Kit – you can read my review by clicking here. All that’s left for me to review is this amazing BYBI Beauty Mega Mist and their Babe Balm 2.0 – which I shall be publishing my review of shortly. I actually half wrote my reviews last year and took all of the shots too so I can only apologise to the lovely folk at BYBI for putting up with my awful gap in between reviewing the items. It’s worth noting that due to my lateness you’ll notice that the newer version of Mega Mist comes in a pink rather than peachy-orange glass bottle but the formulation hasn’t changed don’t worry.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is NOT a sponsored post. I was sent products from BYBI for my own personal use and to write a review if I wished. All opini+ons are my own and 100% honest. If you buy anything from the BYBI site I will not be at any personal gain. If you’d like to know more, feel free to contact me.
All of BYBI’s products are made from 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free ingredients that you can pronounce, with biodegradable sugarcane packaging, with the exception of a few products that come in glass bottles.
Before I get fully stuck into my review I want to give you a little more background into how BYBI was founded by the amazing friends Dominika and Elsie. I guarantee that it’s worth the read and you’ll hopefully love these 2 inspirational ladies as much as I do.
The fantastic Dominika and Elsie launched their clean beauty blog, Clean Beauty Co. in March 2015 after they realised that there was a distinct lack of information provided by mainstream beauty brands as to what their products actually contained. After scanning multiple labels they realised that it was an absolute minefield and not knowing what they were putting on their skin led them to research even further. After seeing how toxic the ingredients were on high street brands, the gorgeous duo began selling their very first hand formulated products on their site in 2016 and by January 2017 they launched their first-ever book, published by Penguin, Clean Beauty. Alongside all of this Dominika and Elsie studied at Formula Botanica and in February 2017 BYBI – By Beauty Insiders (pronounced Bye-Bee) was born.
Now, Dominika and Elsie continue to improve their products, formulate new ones… and continue to shine a light on mainstream beauty formulations, empowering us to take control of what we put on our skin and how we treat the planet.
These 2 women are a couple of amazing entrepreneurs and are so inspirational – what started out as a simple passion shared between friends turned into a fully-fledged and successful business in less than 2 years. Now, Dominika and Elsie continue to improve their products, formulate new ones (there’s a whole range of boosters and bundles available), and continue to shine a light on mainstream beauty formulations, empowering us to take control of what we put on our skin and how we treat the planet.
All of BYBI’s products are made from 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free ingredients that you can pronounce, with biodegradable sugarcane packaging, with the exception of a few products that come in glass bottles. BYBI even relaunched their glass bottles, ditching labels and printing directly onto glass, making them easier for their customers to recycle. All of BYBI’s products carry vegan and cruelty-free certifications so you know that you’re really buying ethically. Because the ladies at BYBI are super generous you can snag 10% off the full range by entering the code ‘BYBI10’ at the checkout.
The BYBI Beauty Mega Mist is a super-duper hyaluronic acid facial spray that hydrates, softens, plumps, and refreshes the skin and can also replace your existing toner. With this hot weather, it’s the perfect skin saver but it’s equally great in the winter too. If you work in an office or air-conditioned place you’ll absolutely love this product as it fits easily into your handbag (or manbag) and after a few spritzes, you’ll notice a big difference in your skin’s hydration. I’ve really enjoyed using this before applying my serum and practising gua sha as it helps the serum to penetrate further into the layers of the skin but found that it’s great as a setting spray too. If you’re struggling to keep your natural and organic makeup looking fresh and natural then you definitely need to invest in this product, especially if you’re 30 or above.
So, from me, this is a definite 10/10 and I couldn’t recommend it any more highly than I have already – it’s ridiculously functional, ethical, and eco-friendly.
So, as I said before all BYBI products contain 100% natural ingredients but let’s take a look below to see exactly how it’s formulated and what some of the key ingredients do for our skin:
Ingredients: Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Sodium Levulinate, Heptyl Glucoside, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Leaf Extract, Laminaria Digitata (Algae) Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract, Lactic Acid, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, and Heptanol.
- Rosa Damascena Flower Water – This gorgeous smelling ingredient helps to reduce inflammation in the skin by suppressing the growth of bacteria and maintaining the skin’s pH balance. It also possesses some mild astringent properties meaning it makes a great toner for oily and acne-prone skin but it is gentle enough for the most sensitive skin too and those suffering from eczema.
- Glycerin – Glycerin always makes me think of cooking but it makes for a great emollient keeping the skin soft, moist, and supple. It helps to absorb the water from the air thus reducing any dry and dull patches on your skin. Again it’s great for any skin type and can actually help to heal your skin too.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Another name for Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate is a natural component of your skin and keeps your skin moist, plump, and supple by retaining water molecules – in fact, it is known to be able to hold up to one thousand times its own weight in water molecules. As we begin to age our body produces less of it and our skin becomes dull and tired looking. If you’re using toxic retinol filled products switch them for ones containing hyaluronic acid.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder – Basically, this aloe vera juice that’s been dehydrated into a powder. It is great for repairing damaged and sensitive skin as well as soothing any irritation (think sunburn!). It’s also highly anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial and acts as a humectant locking the moisture into your skin.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract – Simply put, this is just green tea extract and it is packed chocka with antioxidants that help to fight UV damage and stave off the ageing process. It’s also great for healing any skin irritation or inflammation. If you suffer from rosacea or eczema then you’ll love this ingredient!
- Lactic Acid – This little beauty helps to improve signs of ageing – it stimulates collagen renewal and can firm your skin as well as helping to fade any hyperpigmentation, lines, and wrinkles. If you’re growing old and beautiful like me then you’ll want to make lactic acid your best mate. If you’re used to toxic chemical skin peels then switch them up for some lactic acid mixed in with a little papaya and raw honey.
AT £26.00 it may seem like a bit of a pricey investment but I’ve tried facial sprays ranging from £10-£40 and this is by far my favourite one. I’m yet to find one that can lock in the moisture for as long as Mega Mist does and keep my make-up looking fresh all day long. Plus, the scent is to die for! Think rose and citrus – it’s uplifting but super chill at the same time and if you’re going to be topping up sprays on your face you want something that smells nice. How this differs from other facial sprays is that once settled on the skin you feel a little bit of a film almost, it’s not uncomfortable but more like a silky smooth barrier that’s there to protect your skin and keep it hydrated. The plumping effects come after just one use and after continued use, I did find that my fine lines and melasma were fading. If there’s one product I’d recommended keeping in your bag this summer it’s definitely BYBI’s Mega Mist.
So, from me, this is a definite 10/10 and I couldn’t recommend it any more highly than I have already – it’s ridiculously functional, ethical, and eco-friendly. I’ve still got my eyes on so many BYBI products so expect to hear more from me in the future. The new Babe Balm Bronze looks divine – it’s Babe Balm that’s been transformed into a cream highlighter and is super portable too. As well as this it’s great to see BYBI promoting CBD in skincare by selling a CBD Booster which will help to reduce acne flare-ups. To read more about CBD in skincare check out my blog post and face mask recipe here.
You can snag the long-lasting Mega Mist for just a reasonable £36, and believe me, it will make your summer skin glow! Just head on over to BYBI to buy. Don’t forget to enter the code ‘BYBI10’ at the checkout for 10% off the full BYBI range. Have you tried any BYBI products before? If so leave a comment below and let’s talk clean beauty!